Having made my second PC to Mac transition back in 2006 I have decided that I would share a few programs that helped my transition period:
- Instant Messaging – Best one I found was Adium, you can add just about ANY IM account to this including Facebook & Skype
- FTP – Tested a few over the years but by far the best is Transmit
- DVD Ripping – Never had much luck with this and usually went back to the PC for this until I discovered WinX DVD Ripper for Mac
- This rips DVD into a variety of file formats and I ripped quite a few movies a few weeks ago for my trip to the US last week
- Password Reminder – 1Password was the best I could find and it allowed me to upload my old list of sites and passwords from my PC
- Bit Torrent Downloader – Azureus seemed to be the best one
- Back to PC – Still not sure, both VMware and Parallels are shaky.
So there is a small list, hope it helps.