The balance of my stainless steel parts order arrived late last week so I was able to get the parts onto the engine and do a test fit.
- Changed the mag plate from the original one as it was to far gone with surface rust with a Mag Housing Seal Kit
- Replaced the Breather cap as it was shot
- Replaced Front & Rear Brake Adjusters, although I retained the original brass knobs
- Added a new Gear Adjuster Block Cable Clamp as the old one was bent out out preportions
- Grabbed a new 6-12volt AC Horn as the old was was a mess, also need a new mounting bracket as the original is too rusty.
Test fitted the carb as well, starting to take shape now.
Old & new mag plates, its the little things that make a difference.
Jobs for next weekend!
- Do some felting with the ignition switch housing so it sits deeper for a better fit
- Order an original CEV or Carello headlight bulb housing for headset
- Fit steering lock
- Engine Bay
- Refit petrol tank & replace the rubbers with new ones
- Front Forks & HubRebuild & refit new forks with dampner mounts
- Check front hubs brake shoe clearance