So I finally got my second set of forks back from the painter as the original forks had a kink in them and they would not turn completly, that set will have to go off to be repaired/straightend for a later project.
I had damper mounts welded onto this set before they were painted making it easier to fit the extra suspension parts.
I cleaned up all the internals with the new benchtop sandblasting cabinet I bought recently and also cleaned up the fork links by blasting them with household grade bicarb sode, they can up a treat & it was worth the 30mins it took.
Internal parts before sandblasting:
Internal parts after sandblasting:
Forks all taped up for rebuild:
In go the springs.
Fork spring compressing tool in action, bloody thing scrrated the paint work even through the tape!
All done, satisfied but as usual a little frustrated as its my first go at this.
- Refit to scooter
- Fit front hub
- Fit Dampers