Thankfully no more weekend sports for a while, so a great chance to get back into the garage & get back to working on the Scooter.
Spent the last few weekends cleaning up the garage after a winter of neglect & even managed to do a final stripdown of the remaining body work on the Lambretta SX150, so that all ready to go off to have the bodywork done for an eventual respray.
After the tidy up I was able to get the workbench all cleaned up plus make a tool rack to make it easier to access the most needed tools during the rebuild process.
Cleaned up workbench
The first jobs were essentially going back and fix a few mistakes I made with the a few months ago.
I originally rushed the headset rebuild & forgot to put the steering lock in + the ignition switch wasny fitting properly at all, so I had to strip it all back to the casting & start from scratch!
I had to use the Dremel to grind off some of the extra material around the ignition switch housing & tat only took 10min which was a relief, fitting the steering lck was easy also so what I thought would take hours only took around 30min, bonus.
Next up was the reffiting of the new forks that I had Dampner mpunts added to, also a fairy easy task as I have done it about ten times this year, also made sure to use libelral amounts of grease.
Only real issue came when I fitted the headset as it was grinding against the chrome ring, I ended up taking the headset off and with the aid of the trusty Dremel ground off some excess paint near the steeering lock and applied some grease & now its working like a dream.
Front Hub Fitting
Fitting the front hub was also relatively stress free as was fitting the dampner mounts to the hub.
Refitting the Petrol Tank
The biggest pain in the backside today was refitting the petrol tank, this wasn’t that hard just a little fiddly. Glove box & air filter fittedMy homage to Jimmy inside the glove box door.